American artist born in 1957
Don’t Worry Be Happy, I Will Survive, 2009, Courtesy of the artist
Théo Mercier answered the Proust Questionnaire:
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
2. What is your greatest fear?
my mother death
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
when truth is boring
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
11. Which living person do you most despise?
the housekeeper of my building
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
sense of humor
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
yes and no
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
16. When and where were you happiest?
yesterday in my kitchen, cooking dolfin
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
subscribe at the gym club
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
21. Where would you most like to live?
in the forest
22. What is your most treasured possession?
a human skull
24. What is your favorite occupation?
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
hard to say…
26. What do you most value in your friends?
humor and tenderness
27. Who are your favorite writers?
I don’t read
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
Santa Claus and Jesus Christ
31. What are your favorite names?
Laurel and Hardy
32. What is it that you most dislike?
33. What is your greatest regret?
time travel machines are not existing
34. How would you like to die?
in front of TV
35. What is your motto?
don’t make love if you have something better to do
Fast and Gorgeous, 2009, Courtesy of the artist
Ecouter de la merde, 2009, Courtesy of the artist
Femmes fontaines, 2010, Courtesy of the artist
Théo Mercier lives and works in Paris.
He is represented by Gabrielle Maubrie.
South African photographer. She has been living in England since 1987.
The following pictures were taken on various locations, including Ireland, Germany and Britain.